Creating a New Payee
This tutorial will walk you through the steps to create a new payee in TrustBooks.
1. Start on the Dashboard page.
2. Select Payments and Create Payee.
Note: There is also a Create New Payee quick link under the payment display in Process Payment.
3. Enter the Payee Name (required field).
Note: This is the name that you would like to refer to the payee as for internal purposes.
4. Enter the Print Name on Check As (required field).
Note: This is the name that you would like to refer to the payee as for external purposes.
5. Select the check box Is Payee is 1099 Eligible? if you would like the payee to show up on the Export 1099 Report.
Note: Here are the steps to run a 1099 Report Export in the program How to export a 1099 Report
There is a new column on the 1099 Report that shows whether the 1099 selection is true or false.
6. Enter the general contact information.
Note: All general contact information is optional and is included for recordkeeping as well as an option for printing on checks.
7. Complete the Notes Section: This section will now be visible when running the 1099 Export.
8. Save all changes. You have two options.
Save – information will be saved, and you will be redirected to the Dashboard page.
Save & Process Payment – information will be saved, and you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Note: After creating a new payee, the payee is saved, and you do not have to re-enter the payee for future payments.