Editing a Transaction in a Reconciled Period
Overview: This document will walk you through the steps on how to edit a transaction in a reconciled period.
Note: If you do not need to change the amount or date of the transaction you wish to edit and only wish to edit the client and/or matter, then you do not need to delete the reconciliation. You can skip Steps 1 and 2 and proceed to finding the transaction to edit.
- Print out the Detailed Reconciliation Report for the month that the transaction was reconciled. This will make it readily available to quickly redo the reconciliation after you have made the adjustments to the transaction. You can find the steps to printing a detailed trust reconciliation at the following link:
- Delete the reconciliation containing the transaction you wish to edit. You can find steps to deleting a reconciliation at the following link:
- On the Dashboard page. Click on the Trust Balance (blue text) of the Trust Account containing the transaction you wish to edit.
- This will open up the Trust Account Ledger. Locate the transaction you wish to edit and click anywhere on the blue text.
- This will open the Edit Payment or Edit Deposit page. Make the desired adjustments to the transaction and select Update.
- If you deleted the reconciliation in step 2, use the printed detailed reconciliation from step 1 to go back and complete the reconciliation that you deleted. You can find steps to completing a reconciliation at the following link: