This tutorial will walk you through the steps to Enter a Deposit in TrustBooks.
This feature will allow you to enter a Deposit into your Trust Account (Green) and your Operating Account (Blue)
1. Start on the Dashboard Page. Select Deposits
Click on Enter Deposit:
2. The ENTER DEPOSIT page will show up. Select what account you want to enter in a deposit for from the drop down.
Trust Account Deposit Slip will be Green:
Operating Account Deposit Slip will be Blue:
3. Enter the date of your deposit.
4.Click on the Select Client to choose your client from the drop-down list. This is required.
For the Operating Account you will select the Type of deposit from the Chart of Accounts.
Note: For Operating the client and matter are not required but can be used.
. Type a description of the deposit into the Memo field.
6. Click on the Type field to choose the type of funds being deposited.
7. Type a transaction number or check number into the Trans # field.
7. Type in the amount of the deposit into the Amount field.
9.If there are multiple checks on this deposit slip then click on Add Transactions to Deposit If there is only one check on this deposit slip then skip to step 10.
Note: Continue adding deposit slips until the Total matches what you deposited at the bank. This makes it easier to reconcile the total dollar amount to the amount on the bank statement.
** Please Note: Each TrustBooks Deposit slip can process up to about 50 transactions on a single deposit. Adding more than that can cause the application to time out. You will need to split up these deposits in order to record them.
10. Save all changes. You have two options:
Record Deposit – Your deposit will be recorded, and you will be redirected to the Dashboard page.
Record & Enter Next Deposit – Your deposit will be recorded, and you have a shortcut option to go directly to the Deposit Slip page to enter another deposit slip.