How to Transfer Earned Fees to Your Operating Account
Overview: This article will walk through the steps of how to transfer earned fees from your Trust Account to your Operating Account.
1. Start on the Dashboard Page. Under Deposits, select Transfer Earned Fees:
The Transfer Earned Fees page will display.
2. Select the Date you want to transfer the funds.
4. Select the Trust Account you want to transfer funds from.
5. Select the Matter the funds will be from.
Note: The Current Balance will show for the client automatically.
6. Add the Amount and fill in the Description.
Note: You can add multiple transactions to the transfer by selecting Add Transaction.
7. Select the Operating Account you want to transfer the funds to under the Transfer to Drop Down.
8. Select the Chart of Accounts you want for this transfer of funds.
9. Select Transfer Funds. If you would like to make more transfers for earned fees simply select Transfer and Create New.
9. You can confirm your transfer has been properly updated in TrustBooks by completing the following steps:
a. On the Dashboard page, go to Clients & Matters and View Clients & Matters List
b. Find the Client you moved the funds from (you can use the search bar at the top right) and click on the Client.
c. Inside of the Client information you will see the Trust Ledger Tab in at the bottom. This will confirm the transfer from your Trust Account.
d. You can confirm the transfer in your Operating account by selecting the Operating Account Ledger. This will confirm the transfer happened to your Operating account for this Matter.