This tutorial will walk you through the steps to enter a deposit in TrustBooks.
This feature will allow you to enter a Deposit in to your Trust Account (Green) and your Operating Account (Blue)
1. Start on the Dashboard Page. Select Deposits
. Click the Enter Deposit link
2. The Deposit Slip page will show up. Select what account you want to enter in a deposit for from the drop down.
Trust Account Deposit Slip will be Green
Operating Account Deposit Slip will be Blue
3. Enter the date on your deposit.
4.Click on the Select Matter to choose your matter from the drop down list.
Note: For Operating the matter is not a required field but can be used
For the Operating Account you will select the Type From the Chart of Accounts.
5. Type a description of the deposit into the Memo field.
6. Click on the Check field to choose the type of funds being deposited.
7. Type a transaction number or check number into the Trans# field.
8. Type in the amount of the deposit into the Amount field.
9.If there are multiple checks on this deposit slip then click on Add Transactions to Deposit If there is only one check on this deposit slip then skip to step 10.
Note: Continue adding deposit slips until the Total matches what you deposited at the bank. This makes it easier to reconcile the total dollar amount to the amount on the bank statement.
10. Save all changes. You have two options.
Record Deposit – Your deposit will be recorded and you will be redirected to the Dashboard page.
Record & Enter Next Deposit – Your deposit will be recorded and you have a shortcut option to go directly to the Deposit Slip page to enter another deposit slip.