How to onboard your Firm Operating Account
Overview: This article will walk you through the steps of how to set up your Operating Account in TrustBooks.
1. Start on the Dashboard Page and Click the Blue Box Complete Operating Account Onboarding
2. This will open up the Set up Firm Operating Accounts Page. Select Step 1 Create Accounts 3. Enter the Name of the Operating Bank Account and the Account Number (required)
Note: For multiple bank accounts select ADD MORE BANK ACCOUNTS
4. You will have the option to use TrustBooks Chart of Accounts or you can import your own chart of accounts.
To import your own chart of accounts you can use these steps https://support.trustbooks.com/article/153-how-to-import-your-chart-of-accounts-
5. If you are using TrustBooks chart of accounts select the Accounts you want to use by checking the check box to the left and selecting SAVE
Note: to select all click the check box at the top next to ACCOUNT NUMBER
6. Select Save
7.Your chart of accounts is now set up and you can move to Step 2 Enter Bank Balances
8. Select Enter Bank Balances from Step 2. This will open up the Enter Bank Balance Page. Select your Start Date and enter your Operating Bank account balance. Select Save
9. Select Step 3 Enter Starting Balances. Enter your balances for each chart of accounts as of your start date.
Note: This information is typically pulled from a balance sheet or trial balance in your old accounting software.
10.. Select Save
11. Go to Step 4 and select Enter Uncleared Transactions
12 . Enter any uncleared transactions as of your start date and select SAVE
13. Under Step 5 select Review and Finalize Onboarding.
14. Confirm everything has been entered in correctly and select Finalize Onboarding.
15. Congrats you have completed your onboarding for your firms Operating Account!