Transferring Funds between Matters
This tutorial will walk you through the steps to transfer funds from one matter to another in TrustBooks. This can be used for your Trust Account or Operating Account.
Note: Keep in mind that fund transfers between matters for your Trust Account does not move any money in the bank account, you're just moving money from one matter to the next matter for the Trust Account. You can also use this page to transfer funds from a matter in your Trust Account to your operating account.
1. Start on the Dashboard Page.
2. Under the Deposit section, select Transfer Between Matters. This will open the Transfer Money Page.
3. Select the Date, and the Account you wish to transfer from.
4. Select The Matter to move the money from.
Note: If transferring from the Operating Account select the Chart of Account and then the Matter.
5. Enter in the Amount that you wish to transfer from this Matter. he Current balance will be displayed for this Matter. Type in the Description.
Example: "Move funds to different matter."
6. Then select the Account, Matter, Amount, and Description for the Matter you want to transfer the money to.
Note: If you are transferring to the Operating account Select the Chart of Account, Matter, Amount and Description.
7. Select Transfer Funds. If you wish to Transfer more funds from other Matters you can select Transfer and Create New.
Now the transfer is complete, you can check if the transaction was properly recorded using the steps below.
a. Go back to the Dashboard, then search the Matter Name you entered in the Transfer From field.
b. Select the Matter Name.
c. The Matter Information Page will be displayed. You can see the transaction below.
Note: The transfers will show as a payment to one account and a deposit to the other. You will need to make a note of this so you can check these as cleared transactions when you do your reconciliation.